Call for Hubs is now open
Europe’s biggest manufacturing community is growing further, and is preparing to open seven new EIT Manufacturing Hubs in Europe, within the context of the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS).
Call for applications from eligible countries, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania and Slovenia is now open. The Hubs will receive support to develop their local manufacturing innovation ecosystems, get support in creating new economic activities and local jobs. More information on how to apply on the EIT Manufacturing website (link)
EIT Manufacturing plans to finance one EIT Manufacturing Hub in each of the countries mentioned above. Organisations intending to participate in the call must
• Be from the respective country that they will apply for
• Be eligible for EU funding according to Horizon 2020 rules
In line with the EIT RIS programme, the EIT Manufacturing Hubs in 2020 will indicatively carry out the following:
• Increase engagement and participation of local stakeholders (individuals and organisations) with EIT Manufacturing
• Support local innovators to engage with EIT Manufacturing
• Raise awareness of EIT Manufacturing
• Promote the EIT KTI (Knowledge Triangle Integration) model regionally. In this context facilitate local industry, academia discussion and cooperation with EIT Manufacturing. Attract, together with the Co-Location Centers, organisations to become members of EIT Manufacturing
• Facilitate EIT Manufacturing’s activities in the respective country (e.g. trainings, competitions, etc.) by organizing the local events and attracting the relevant stakeholders.