If you are Interested in becoming an EIT Manufacturing member, these are the steps to follow:
1. Prospect members have to approach the CLC Director of its local Co-location Centre and inform about the intention to become a member. EIT Manufacturing CLCs geographical coverage is the following:
CLC Central: Germany, Netherlands, Belgian, Poland, Ireland and Luxemburg.
CLC East: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
CLC North: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, UK, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
CLC South: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Kosovo, Malta, Montenegro and Switzerland.
CLC West: Spain, France and Portugal.
2. CLC Director and CLC Advisory Forum will make a first assessment if prospect member fits into the local eco-system.
3. CLC director will inform about the requirements to become a member and the different phases of the whole process.
4. For prospect members who are deemed to be eligible to join the partnership, CLC Director will discuss in detail all the conditions to become a Member and handover relevant documents (Statutes, ByLaws, Membership Criteria, etc.)
5. The prospect member delivers a “Letter of Intent” and the internal evaluation process follows.
6. The final approval will be granted by the EIT Manufacturing Supervisory Board.
Criteria to become a Member
By submitting the application, the applicant Member acknowledges and accepts the Articles of Association and commit to adhere to the decisions of the Association’s bodies.
Membership in the Association is open to and limited to entities with legal personality, meeting the following criteria:
- be industrial and/or service companies or higher education or research institutions;
- be incorporated in a member state of the European Union or in an Associated Country at the date of first becoming a Partner;
- be directly or indirectly active in or for the Manufacturing sector, supporting the objectives of KIC EIT Manufacturing;
- act in the CLC, to which they are connected, as institutions of innovation and excellence in fields impacting the manufacturing;
- having demonstrated the ability to adhere to the overall objectives of the KIC EIT Manufacturing;
- pay an annual fee to the Association.
The obligation starts with the Financial Year in which the Member has been accepted. The amount of the annual payment will be decided by the Partner Assembly
Process for Partners that want to terminate the Membership
In case a Member or Network Partner wants to cancel the membership at EIT Manufacturing, it is important that in accordance with the Statutes and By-laws a letter is send at least 3 months prior to the end of the year. The letter should be addressed to the CLC Director of the applicable CLC and with a copy to COO of EIT Manufacturing. The letter should also contain the reason why the Partner wants to leave EIT Manufacturing. The termination will be performed on December 31st of the year in which the valid termination was provided. It is not possible to terminate during the year.
EIT Manufacturing can unilaterally terminate the membership of any Partner with immediate effect on grounds of one severe or repeated small breaches of the EIT Manufacturing Statutes and/or By-Laws or for acting in a manner injurious to the EIT Manufacturing reputation or against its interests or the interest of its Partners.